Developed and drove a culture change through which I ensured we:
Instilled in my team a respect for training spaces, the club environment and all stakeholders especially coaching staff. This meant that we:
Trained players to not only be better athletes, but also better people in the world. Instilling discipline off the pitch that transcended all areas of their lives.
Advocated strongly for the development of young talent – gave 36 debuts out to young players in 7 years, more than double the previous record.
Implemented a compulsory rule that all players studied or engaged in business outside of rugby, to ensure they had endeavours to pursue when their rugby careers concluded.
Established a player welfare system through which I ensured we:
Nurtured players and tailored coaching methods to the individual player after understanding their home life and personal characteristics.
Completed a wellbeing form with each player every day, measuring mood, sleeping patterns, energy levels and physical soreness.
If the score fell below a certain level then a confidential conversation with the player would take place, to ensure the player was physically and mentally well.
Effectively managed and transferred prestige players whose attitudes did not align with the culture of the club, with ongoing support.
- Managed a salary cap of £1.9M, selected 25 players and delivered the best value against the cap
- 3-time Grand Final winner and 2-time Grand Finalist
- Challenge Cup winner and Challenge Cup finalist
- League Leaders Shield Winner
- World Club Champion Winners
- Super League Coach of the year award 2018
- Achieved the best win ratio of any Manager in Super League history
- Achieved the 2nd best win ratio in World Rugby League